sábado, 26 de mayo de 2012

Comparing Pictures

When comparing and contrasting pictures, you can use useful expressions and the topic vocabulary about them.

You should:
-compare:-expressing  similarities between the pictures
                -expressing  differences between the pictures 
-speculate
-give examples
-express preferences
-express an opinion

Useful expressions:
Both pictures show...
The two pictures are similar because...
Another thing they´ve got in common is...
The pictures are different because...
One difference is that...
One picture shows...while the other one shows...
Another difference is...
Whereas in the first picture...
I would imagine that...
I think...because...
It must be...
I suppose...
most likely...
probably...
This person is...while that person is...

I wouldn´t mind...
I wouldn´t want to...
I think I´d enjoy...
For example...
Such as...
For one thing...
Personally, I´d rather...
in my opinion....is better because...
I prefer...
I would prefer to...because...
One advantage / disadvantage of...is that...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario